The department known as otorhinolaryngology is a field of health that specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the head, neck, ear, nose and throat.
ENT specialists especially treat diseases that occur in the ear, nose, throat and base of the skull, as well as cancer and benign tumors in the head and neck region. ENT specialists can also work in collaboration with other medical and surgical specialists outside their field.
What diseases does the ENT Department deal with?
- Aphthous ulcers
- Spring allergies
- Runny nose (rhinorrhea)
- Nasal Concha problems
- Crooked nose and nasal bone problems
- Nasal deformities
- Sore throat
- Dry throat
- Itching in the throat
- Throat inflammations
- Soft tissue problems in the throat
- Diseases of the jaw joint
- Loss of balance
- Adenoid problems
- Hearing loss, hearing problems
- Bleeding from the ear (otorrhea)
- Ear infection (Otitis)
- Ear discharges, discharge of different colors of fluid
- Perforations in the eardrum
- Conditions that require a patch to the eardrum
- Problems of the uvula
- Common cold, sinusitis, filled sinuses, hay fever
- Salivary gland diseases
- Herpes treatments
- Cessation of breathing while sleeping
- Sleep apnea
When it comes to otolaryngological diseases, early diagnosis is of great importance. The specialist physician performs many examinations in order to draw a healthy roadmap before the treatment, and a diagnosis is made according to the results of these examinations.